Two weeks ago you attended an event and have met some wonderful people to help get through the event, each one of you exchanged contact information and hope to keep in touch with each other. Neither one of you contacted each other and eventually lost contact with each other. A potentially valuable friendship is lost due to neither party taking the initiative to talk to each other before. This is where UpLync comes to the rescue, a mobile app that is able to ease the connectivity with lost contacts.
What it does?
It helps connect to people you have not been in touch for a while, the mobile application also reminds you have not been contacting a certain individual in some time. In addition, it has a word prediction function that allows users to send a simple greeting message using the gestures of a finger.
- Designing a user interface that can be easily coded for both iOS and Android
- Functionality of the Lazy Typer
- Touch up with color scheme
- Coming up with a name for the application
- Designing a Logo
Challenges we ran into
- non of the team members know each other before the event
- Coding in a new environment
- Was to come up with a simple UI that is easy on the eyes
- Keeping people connected through a mobile app
- Reduce the time taken to craft a message and send
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Manage to create a product with React-Native for the first time
- We are able to pick out a smooth font and colour scheme to polish up the UI
- Enabling push notifications to remind the user to reply
- The time taken to craft a message was reduced by 35% with the help of our lazy typing function
What we learned.
We are able to learn the ins-and-outs of react-native framework, it saves us work to use android studio to create the application.
What's next for UpLync
The next step for UpLync is to create an AI that learns the way how the user communicates with their peers and provide a suitable sentence structure. This application offers room to provide support for other languages and hopefully move into wearable technology.