In today's world, finding and collecting information is one of the most pressing challenges. There are approximately 67,869 gigabytes of traffic on the internet every second, and finding relevant information manually is a heavy and almost impossible chore. As admirers and strong believers in the merits of organization and presentation, our group wanted to develop a platform for both personal users and businesses which keeps track of articles and blog posts of their interests and presents them, and notifies them (real-time), in a fashionable manner.
What it does
Given a set of filters, the application either presents relevant articles or keeps a directory (updated real-time) notifying them of new articles.
How it works
How we built it
- API: NewsAPI
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Learning to communicate with an API
- Building a system which keeps track of cookies
- Real-time analysis
- Sleek and elegant UI (shoutout to the front end boys)
Major potential applications
- Integration with IBM Watson or other NLP algorithms to analyze general sentiment and perform perceptional analysis (real-time and fluctuating).
- Automized, direct integration with trading platforms, financial and consultant institutions to inform investors/stockholders/client immediately of market trends.
- More prevalent engagement and a collectivized platform to share and read trustworthy news.