Providing Swiss people with the most relevant destinations for their activities, all at the best possible price - thanks to SBB super saver! We want to convince people to use public transport to explore Switzerland by providing them a cheaper and environmentally friendly.
What it does
Generates cheap and environmentally friendly surprise trips from a chosen start location in Switzerland. The user is presented with a number of unknown but differently priced results ranked according to user ratings. Once a trip has been bought, each segment is revealed step-by-step.
How we built it
- Typescript, NodeJS, React
Challenges we ran into
- Wanting to integrate too many data sources right at the beginning
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- querying, ranking, and matching a lot of data points together to produce the most relevant results for the user
- providing an awesome user experience and tool a user really would want to us
What we learned
- planning is key!
- good team work is crucial
- get some sleep :-)
- collaborate with SBB on implementing the actual product :-)