We are a group of students who believe that we can have a positive impact in the community around us. However, its hard to find a synchronized platform where we support various issues as well as connect with people around the world. This provided as the motivation for us to develop Unify, a web platform that allows users to connect, volunteer, donate, and support real-time change.
What it does
Unify is the first platform that enables people to participate in ongoing campaigns, contribute, interact with other participants, and share ideas. Our interactive user interface makes it easy for people to navigate and begin enacting change. Unify is a completely new way of thinking about change. It’s open to everyone, and anyone can use it. The goal is to build a global movement for change with technology. By unifying the world through powerful technology, we’ll be able to make the world a better place.
How we built it
- Frontend: Chakra UI, React JS, Tailwind CSS
- Backend: Node JS
- User login/authentication: Google Firebase
- Chatbot: AI
Challenges we ran into
- We had to brainstorm and come up with a feasible idea that was innovative and could be implemented within the given time frame.
- Some of our teammates did not have much experience using building a website and they had to learn more about it especially when it came to fixing issues.
- Due to the difference in the time zone(we were in 4 different time zones!), we had some difficulty collaborating, but we managed to get the project done.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Completing the project under the given time frame.
- Implementing a functioning backend
- Using an aesthetically pleasing UI
- Building a great website that is user-friendly and adheres to the theme
What we learned
- Collaboration with other developers
- Efficient time management
What's next for Unify
- Building a mobile app
- Adding more features
- Gathering more relevant data and using accurate ML/AI for user optimization
- Improving the UI
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.