We got our inspiration from
PokeDex. Its a fictional device that is capable of giving info about any pokemon, just by pointing it on any new species.
What it does
It learns the face of a person and is able to recognise the person in real time through a android application.
How we built it
We have used face detection algorithms like Haar Cascades and face recognition algorithm, Linear Binary Pattern Histogram to detect and recognize images.
Challenges we ran into
- Integrating C++ into a JAVA environment in Android
- Implementing the face recognition algorithm.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We have a fully stacked app that is capable of portraying our vision of the app that we had before hackathon.
What we learned
- A lot about integrating C++ into JAVA Environment.
- Real time data analysis is all about patience and hard work.
- We have dug ourselves deep into a lot of cool Api's and services provided by so many cool companies.
What's next for UniDex
- Launching it publicly to playstore.
- Making Api's for our algorithm.