What it does
It aims to address the pain points for job seekers to find startup companies that do not have postings on the popular job posting websites such as Indeed or Glassdoor. Unicorn.io scrapes company data from Crunchbase and evalues the companies, then find the most suitable matches for you.
How we built it
- an API that scrapes company information from Crunchbase
- a pdf parser
- a scoring recommendation system
- a Flask web app all in python (and some html and css)!
Challenges we ran into
The original idea was to scrape Linkedin data to predict good candidates for student founders for investors. But it turned out that scaping Linkedin was very difficult so we pivoted our project.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We made an app that could potentially save job seekers a lot of time.
- It looks nice!
- We made friends and had fun!