Identifying Unattended items on real-time streaming video.
What it does
The solution would assist in the Security of stations, roads and generate an alarm upon detection of abandoned / unattended items. Such items could potentially be instruments of harm or mass destruction targeting a public location or alternately could be cases of misplaced or lost items/theft.
Challenges we ran into
- Real-time distance calculation with auto camera calibration.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Significantly enhance security in public transit locations
- With falling prices of CCTV cameras, the solution can become ubiquitous
- Reduce need for human officers to continuously monitor CCTV streams
- No human error due to fatigue, lack of sleep, or other reasons
What we learned
Object Detection with Computer Vision
What's next for Unattended Item Detection
- Handling of Occlusion
- Illumination changes
- Low-quality recording
- Owner Detection of Unattended Item