The active directory search activity is an important activity for RPA developers in big corporations. It helps developer to connect to corporate active directory/LDAP to retrieve user information with unique identification id or email id. The main use cases that we see,
- Retrieve department id: Many processes need department id to validate user authorization before any activity, like should be allowed to submit a form, send a request, approve an workflow etc
- Get user name, id from email
- Get manager information from user id or email
The project creates dll that can be used to create deloyment package for UIPath
Steps to create deployment nuget package & install in UIPath
- Build the project in release mode
- The easiest way to create a NuGet pack is by using NuGet Package Explorer from here https://npe.codeplex.com/
- Open NuGet Package Explorer
- Click Create a new package
- Right click in the Package contents and select Add Lib Folder.
- Right click on the Lib Folder->Add Existing File and choose your assembly file and all its dependecies from the relealse output
- Click Edit->Metadata. Set an Id for your package, an Author and a Description.
- Increament the release note to add the chnages if it's an existing package.
Important Note: Your NuGet Package must contain the keyword "Activities" in it`s Id in order for it to appear in UiPath Studio Packages Manager.
Click File->Save and save your package in Packages folder available next to UiStudio.exe Alternatively, Save anywhere, close any instance of UIPath and copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\Packages
Open UiPath Studio, go to Manage Packages and Install it.
References https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/how-to-create-a-custom-activity https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/how-to-include-external-dll https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/how-to-execute-your-custom-code-in-a-workflow