UBS was inspired by three main things.
- UBS stands for UniversalBotService (Discord Bot and Website "Service")
- UBS was a play-on-words with UPS (United Postal Service)
- UBS is the opposite of SBU.
What it does
UBS is a Space-Themed Discord Bot that sends jokes, different space-themed website links, issues a series of space messages and can even erase all of it by calling upon a supernova!
How we built it
UBS is a project that revolves a Website to advertise it as well as the Discord Bot Itself. With web development and app development in mind, this was built using:
- Discord API
Challenges we ran into
- Indexing when dealing with assets for our Discord Bot
- Duplicate Python Scripts running at once
- Dealing with security concerns with Tokens
Accomplishments that we're proud of
That we were able to embed a Youtube video. Jokes aside, we were proud to:
- Make a clickable image that redirects to a Discord Bot Invite Link
- Made different commands for our Discord Bot
- Learned how to integrate different languages into one big project
- Using different branches to separate website programming and discord app programming.
What we learned
- How to utilize Discord API
- How to use GitHub
- How to make templates with Jekyll
- How to run a Python Script Continuously with Heroku
What's next for UBS (UniversalBotService)
- More space-themed commands!
- More appealing and interactive website!
- A better video!