Inspiration

We were inspired to do this project after discussing the problem of many uber requests being sent into one area, and its potential problems. Firstly, it is very easy to enter and ride an incorrect uber and not know. Drivers tend to state your name and have you reply with a yes or no to confirm and this can be a very loose way of securing the correct rider. Also increasingly common is ride thieves, who also exploit this flaw in the pick up process.

What it does

Our app is built with the Uber API where we are able to request a ride but have an interface for the driver and rider that confirms a temporary passcode to ensure the correct person.

How we built it

We built this using Java on android studio, uber api, and Dialogflow.

Challenges we ran into

We ran into a lot of logistics challenges around android studio and about the mediums that we would build our hack on, we ultimately settled these and were able to work well.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Most members of the group are new to hackathons, and it was a learning experience for all of us. We worked with technology we never touched before.

What we learned

We learned about what it takes to build a google assistant app and all that is involved with learning and creating utility from APIs into an application.

What's next for Uber Password Voice To Text

We want to continue to work on the android platform and extend our project to a great point of usability and efficiency eventually.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates