I created this typeracer clone to learn Golang and React.js.
What it does
- Typing matches between players
- Players are automatically sorted into rooms
- Records and shows various statistics for registered players
How I built it
- Mimicked the calculations and the "input correctness" mechanism on both the frontend and backend for better latency.
- Created a room cleanup system that removes rooms a minute after the race has finished.
- Used PostgreSQL as the database for storing user information and game statistics.
- Sent "account confirmation" and "forgot your password" emails with the Mandrill API.
- Used Fluxxor.js to enforce the flux architecture with React.
Challenges I ran into
- Implementing authentication without any general purpose libraries like passport for node.
- Various problems associated with using a frontend router with react.