We all adore Greta Thunberg for her fight against climate change. But the respect should not just end with her. With TwitterForClimate we try to bring to the spotlight, the people in our micro-communities who are trying to bring about such a similar change. A very wise person once said: An ocean is nothing but too many droplets of water. Let TwitterForChange be that droplet of water.
What it does
- Finds how climate change is impacting people in a specific community
- Also finds how superheroes are tackling climate changes in their own community
- Acts as a micro-social network to bring about a positive impact on climate change through a point system and hashtag campaigns
How we built it
- FrontEnd built using
- Backend built using
- All APIs used are
Challenges we ran into
- Our dear team has members from four different timezones.
- Tags to use while building twitter search queries.
- Some of our team members have got midterms during this week.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- A working solution.
Climate social. We are betting on this as a very good idea.
What we learned
- Integration takes time.
- ML can be used almost anywhere nowadays. (Although we did not use it)
What's next for Twitter for Climate
- use ML to find proper search queries and keywords that can better filter the tweets talking about climate change.