Team Name: Sac(k)
PilBot: Your Daily Dose
We wanted to connect top gaming news directly to the relevant game stream to enhance the Twitch.tv experience. We also wanted to make a fun Twitch.tv chat bot that provides quality content :)
## What it does
Our twitch chat bot broadcasts hot, relevant topics from sub-Reddit of the game that the streamer is playing.
## How we built it
Python and determination.
## Challenges we ran into
- Twitch.tv blocking all of SDHacks IPs, so we could not send chat messages to channels.
- SDHacks internet being really slow.
- Learning Python syntax and connecting to the Twitch.tv socket.
- Learning how to use Twitch.tv's chat bot API in order to get the streamer's game and also to send and receive messages to the chat.
- Learning how to use PRAW (Python Reddit API Wrapper) for searching the streamer's game subreddit and getting the threads.
## Accomplishments that we're proud of
We made something that works the way its supposed to :) We also installed pip and praw.
## What we learned
We learned Python, how to connect to a socket, how to install and use APIs, how to access JSON objects, how irc works.
## What's next for PilBot
Fun and chat interactive emoticon clouds (like word cloud, but with pictures) User chat commands (such as !poll and !songs)