Tweetee was created by Devin Mancuso and Justin Frost for the ChallengePost Summer Jam 'Connect with your team' Online Hackathon Series.
Tweetee is a fun little project to turn sporting highlights into merchandise as they happen, allowing fans to create awesome one-of-a-kind merch to support their team and express their creativity and fandom.
How it works
- Users search for a keyword or hashtag.
- We return all the images from relevant tweets using the Twitter API
- Users can then edit an image by resizing or adding text
- We then post the image data to the Rapanuistore API and present the user with a storefront where they can buy their custom one-of-a-kind shirt.
What's next for Tweetee
- Improve state handling for loading screens and error states.
- Improve response handling for API errors
- Ability for users to share their product page url via other social networks
- Improvements to the image search function to ensure more images are returned for each search, currently limited to searching the first 100 tweets.
- Autocomplete search results for popular sporting team official hashtags