Inspiration

I've consistently had trouble making balanced encounters for my D&D party, so this app was my solution to that.

What it does

It takes the stats of the party and can generate the basic stats and outline of a creature/boss monster that will challenge the party. Because the monster is based off of the party's stats, its guaranteed to be balanced by the numbers.

How we built it

We split the work between writing the UI and writing a way to save and open .xml files where we store the party data so it can be re-used.

Challenges we ran into

We had challenges creating the various views for the UI. This was something we hadn't dealt with before and were not entirely familiar with in practice.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We're extremely proud of how much of this project we were able to complete in such a short time and the amount of functionality we were able to add.

What we learned

We had to learn how to interact with all of the XML related systems in C#. We also had to deal with multiple views off of a single window where previously we had only had experience with a single static window.

What's next for TTRPG Party Viewer

The project can be considered complete now but there is always room to add functionality. There's even space to turn this into a full blown Virtual Tabletop.

Built With

Share this project:

Updates