An application that would helps improve our badminton skills.
What it does
It is an application that helps it users hone their skills in anything that involves muscle movement. The version developed in this hackathon helps the users improve their badminton skills. First, an expert or professional records the muscle movement data and maybe a video of them showing the movements. Then the user in the application selects the move that they want to learn from the professional and tries to mimic the movements. The application then outputs the accuracy of the movements of the user in comparison to the expert.
How we built it
We built it by first extracting the muscle movement data from the Myo Armband using C++ which output a text file with all the data. This data was then passed on to be analyzed (python) to calculate the accuracy of the muscle movement in comparison to an ideal muscle movement. All of this is displayed on an IOS application.
Challenges we ran into
- How to create a server for an IOS application
- Programming in C++ using XCode
- Calling C++ function in python
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Building from the initial idea to a tangible initial product
- Working so well as a team
What we learned
- How to write C++ on XCode editor
- Building an IOS application
What's next for Trainer
- Build similar application for other sports like Volleyball and Baseball
- Other than sports this can also be applied in culinary skills like knife cutting skills.