Initial interface for filtering
As you cruise along on your highway adventure, roadside signs notify you of upcoming gas stations, restaurants, and hotels. We wanted to digitize this information, as well as broaden the range of info the user can easily access at any time during the trip.
What it does
TrackPath uses your current location to recommend a wide variety of nearby attractions, dining, lodging, and gas options without requiring the user to search the map. You can easily refine your search and see important info + a quick preview of the location.
How we built it
We built it using the Google Maps API, writing an algorithm that only shows locations within a given radius.
Challenges we ran into
- Making location markers reappear after the user changes filters
- Accessing Google's database of location pictures instead of street view
- Getting place information
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Overcoming those challenges.
What we learned
- Dividing work among a team
- Getting more familiar with Google Maps API
What's next for TrackPath
- Enter your destination to visualize your movement along the path
- VR immersion into selected locations