Owning an electric-powered future machine is a huge hassle, but we can still take steps to make our gas guzzler more environmentally conscious.
What it does
- The application helps reduce your vehicle's carbon footprint by analyzing your the telemetry data and suggesting recommendations.
- A voice based assistant not only helps in finding the nearest POI but also helps control your vehicles air conditioning system.
- Shows a summary of your recent trips on Map.
- Shows other riders heading to same direction that are open for carpooling.
How I built it
- The data from the sensors is fed to the analytics pipeline which is hosted on a server.
- The application reads the suggestions off the server to provide insights.
- The voice assistant relays information to the server and then to the sensors.
Challenges I ran into
- Integrating the data visualizations into the application and get them to interact dynamically.
- Using the Google Voice Assistant to understand the context of custom parameters like A/C Fan Levels, etc.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- The voice assistant is context aware.
- Live view of data that is collected from the sensors.
- Drill down of data to provide in depth analysis.
What's next for Toyota Connected
- Connect to other users of the app to get carpooling suggestions and help save the planet.