We "Team High Country" are two software developers and also truck enthusiasts. NGI offers us a unique opportunity to build an app that will help make towing easier for GM vehicle owners.
What it does
- Real-time dashboard of important vehicle vitals like transmission temperature, brake gain, electrical system status.
- Spoken alerts if any metric gets into an un-safe range
- Back-up assist - provides a tool that estimates the direction of a trailer when reversing, based on wheel positions
- Display of trailer, highlights any problem areas, such as bad lightbulbs
- Safety checklist to help prepare for towing
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We feel this is a particularly real-world an useful application that anyone who has ever towed will find useful.
What we learned
Deeper knowledge of how vehicle sub-systems work
What's next for TowLink
Richer features such as "trailer profiles"