When we travel to a new city, there are some points of interests (POI) that we all want to visit. However, most of us may just spend several minutes taking some photos and leave. We think this kind of travel experience is NOT OPTIMUM! We do think the tourists would like to know more about the history background and the fun story behind these famous points of interests.
What it does
As a result, we developed this Tour++ app, which can provide self-triggered audio guide when the user is approaching a POI. It can provide the user with the historic events, fun stories happened at the POI like a real tour guide. Moreover, it can accompany you to anywhere in the world, working 24/7, and it is FREE! It can also provide the hand-free experience which the user can completely leave their phone in the pocket and enjoy the scene. This can also be used by the VISUALLY IMPAIRED group to greatly improve their travel experience.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Learning Google map API, Google place search API, Wikipedia API.
- Building front end UI/UX.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We all think this app will be popular one day. Almost everyone likes travelling and wants to get the most out of the travel experience.
- We got everything done in 24 hours!!!
What we learned
- New technologies .
- Learnt to design, implement and promote the product.
What's next for Tour++
- If we had more time, we would add more features like POI recommendation, tour planning etc. And in the future TOUR++ can also be used to book hotels, POI tickets and other travel-related services.