Experience the fun in learning
Link to Demo
Table of Contents
About The Project
Augmented Reality or AR is a term for portraying virtual 3D objects in real-world environment. Learning using Augmented Reality enhances the view and experience of learning. This can be implemented for students of all ages from kindergarten to high school. AR adds objects, graphics, sounds and pictures to enhance the learning environment and lets a student be completely involved in the learning process.
Students can move around and see the virtual object or animation from different views and also give game based quizzes to have a complete understanding of the topic.
Teachers will be able to use the features of Augmented Reality to facilitate the process of teaching which will help the student pay more attention and have better understanding.
Children and students can explore different places from their room itself to relax and take their mind off through an Augmented Portal.
Challenges We Ran into
Covering different subjects and domains to implement in a single Application. We've covered a wide range of subjects from kindergarten subjects to High school with the most important features for each domain to make the learning fun and interactive. The Portal Scene was not visible during a particular build. The error was rectified using appropriate use of shaders and materials in the scene. Collaborating on a Unity project with a team-mate was a hurdle as well. Any small change in the unity editor leads to a change in the project settings or other settings of unity which leads to mergre conflicts later in the future. We carefully studied and resolved each conflict by changing the values in the build settings or solving the erros prompted by unity regarding the same.
Download the Unity version 2020.1.3f1 from (https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download)
- Visual Studio
Download Microsoft Visual Studio (https://visualstudio.microsoft.com)
Build and install using Unity
- Clone the repo
- Open Unity Hub
- Click on Add Project
- Project would be open in the Unity Editor
Test and Build
- Test the application on your phone by choosing the platform (iOS or Android) from the build settings.
- Switch to that platform and build the application.
- If building for iOS, follow the further steps by using Xcode to build (MacOS Required)
- If building for Android, an APK file will be created. Transfer it to your phone and test the application.
Install Directly on Android Device:
- Download the APK file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GebplM3PbUfoyXRFFxQc2HTL0s0nHX3p/view?usp=sharing
- Install the app on your mobile phone.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.