We were having a conversation with one of our peer when we found we all had a common problem. We have all set the toaster and walked away, and ended up burning or entirely forgetting our toast!
We had all thought this was an anomaly however it turns out that this is an epidemic!
What it does
Our Toastifai Toaster will make the perfect toast, _ every time _. And it will remind you when he toast is ready!
How we built it
We took a couple hundred photos of toast and "trained" a model with Clarifai. Then once the model determines we have the _ perfect _ toast, it will trip a relay and trigger the toaster.
Challenges we ran into
- Plugging hardware into the wall.
- Frank's laptop allegedly was murdered.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Finishing everything close to how we initially thought it would work!
What we learned
- How to use Clariai's _ awesome _ easy to use API!
- Teamwork :D
- The importance of PERFECT TOAST
What's next for Toastifai
- We want to tweet toast completion
- Recognize Bagels
- Recognize all forms of bread (rye, pumpernickel, sourdough, etc.)