_________ _ _______ _________ _______ \__ __/( ( /|( ___ )\__ __/( ____ \ ) ( | \ ( || ( ) | ) ( | ( \/ | | | \ | || | | | | | | (__ | | | (\ \) || | | | | | | __) | | | | \ || | | | | | | ( | | | ) \ || (___) | | | | (____/\ )_( |/ )_)(_______) )_( (_______/
A dead simple command line note taking app built for you!
Watch a live demo of it working here
Here's the link to previous version if you are interested!
- Dead simple to use: Even your granny would be able to use it. No seriously!
- Feature rich Add your precious note with it's title , content , tags
- Secure: Encrypts your database using standard AES-256 in CBC mode. So even if anybody gets hand of your database file. He cannot make any sense of it. A little demo of what I am doing using it
NOTE This feature is available/tested only on linux based systems. Support for other OS's coming soon!
- Searching for notes is hassle free in
tnote: It supports full text search for notes based on content, tags
- The search query if found in the database will be highlighted if found. Looks pleasing to the eyes
- Ability to add and remove tags for each note.
- Adds timestamp for each note which has been added.
- Written in uncomplicated python.
Need I say more?
$ git clone https://github.com/prodicus/tnote $ cd tnote && pip install -r requirements.txt
On linux system, install
$ sudo apt-get install libsqlcipher-dev
On Mac OS systems, you can install it by
$ brew install sqlcipher
- Fire it up! :volcano:
Operating system support
|Linux||:white_check_mark: Full support|
|OS X||:white_check_mark: Full support|
|Windows||:ballot_box_with_check: encrytion of the Database for windows not yet supported|
This app was created in a timespan of 2 hours while learning to use peewee (ORM). So don't be shy to make some PR's here :smile:
- [ ] Add unit tests. Like real quick!
- [ ] Make it pip installable
- [ ] Ability to edit the content of a note
- [x] Add python2 support
- [x] Add tags support for notes
- [x] Remove tahs for notes
- [x] Add option to add title for notes
-  Add option to remove title for notes
- [x] Add option to search for notes using content
- [x] Add option to search for notes using tags
- [ ] Add option to search for notes using title
- [ ] Add option to search for notes using timestamp
- [x] Encrypt the
.dbfile using Sqlcipher
- [x] Add colorized text to the notes for improved UI
- [ ] Add better UI using urwid
A big shout out to all the contributers, more specifically to these guys
You can report the bugs at the issue tracker
You can tweet me if you can't get it to work. In fact, you should tweet me anyway.
You can find a copy of the License at http://prodicus.mit-license.org/