What it does
Imagine you have your own startup and we give you a solution that saves the money spent on the salary of a secretary who schedules meeting!. Isn't that cool? These days slack is a favorite tool for every team in a working environment for collaborating and working together. AI-secretary gives you a Slack bot which helps you schedule meetings amongst all team members. You can request the bot to schedule a meeting with another team member. The bot then checks for available times from the other member's calendar and returns available times. You can then set up a meeting from the available times if they are still free. Once a meeting is set up, the other member's calendar gets updates. TimeAxis lets you schedule meetings without much hassle and efforts.
How we built it
- We started by interacting with Slack
- We then made use of API.AI to get the text features we needed
- We then used the Google Calendar API to fetch available times
- And finally, we used the Google Calendar API again to create a new event in the user's calendar.
Challenges we ran into
- Accessing Google Calendars without authorization from the user
- Being able to deal with Timezones in ISO Format and our system format
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Able to extract parts of sentences as we require
- Able to integrate it with Slack
What we learned
- Using the Slack API
- Using API.AI
- Collaborating as a team
- Working on something in a new setting ## What's next for Time Axis Able to handle other calendars.