Inspiration comes from my struggle with ADHD. I was diagnosed as an adult. I had no idea how to manage myself and where to find help. After seeking treatment for years, I started advocating the importance of mental health to young people. People often ask me, "where can I find more information about this disorder?" As a teacher, parents asked me for more information on ADHD. This propelled my team and I to create Thrive, a safe space for people with ADHD can find resources, connect with other people living with ADHD and ask for advice/help.
What it does
Thrive gives people living with ADHD a community to find and share resources and connect with others who have ADHD.
How I built it
We built this community on the messenger platform. Our server is hosted on heroku and connected to a MongoDB database. We created a facebook page where members can post information and submit answers to members seeking help.
Challenges I ran into
- Learning Curve with messenger.
- Developing Good Content.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Getting the platform to respond to the user.
What I learned
- How to make a messenger bot!
- Working with Facebook Platform
What's next for Thrive ADHD
- Gain traction by getting members to join the platform
- Getting members to engage on the platform.
- Expand to help people living with other mental health disorders