What it does
- ThetaScan.io is a full node block explorer for the Theta Network. It allows the user to search for addresses and transaction hashes. It also keeps track of staking addresses, their balances / rewards and allows anyone to be able to download coinbase transactions. This is done using a local node and PHP.
Challenges I ran into
- The local node going out of sync. Configuring the correct number of peers was a major issue. For a lower end server the max peers should not be set above 22 peers or the node with constantly go out of sync.
- Unlike a Window's node which stays near the minimum number of peers a Linux node always tries to go to the max number of allowed peers and you need 4 cores + and 16GB + of ram on the server or must greatly reduce max number of peers for slower servers.
- The local node not being able to sync from block 1. With all the new Guardian nodes coming online you can easily be put in a group with no one having the information for block one, two, etc and it never updates. To overcome this I found setting the max peers to 500 and min to 250 allowed the node to continually update.
- The local node running on test net sapphire does not have any peers with block one in it. I ran it for 3 days at 500 peers max and not one could give me the information so I had to start it from a snapshot.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of