Theta Studio simulates a movie theatre like environment for discovering and playing your favorite live theta streamers.
Built for the Theta 2021 integration hackathon. This could be integrated into Theta as a part of the core product, or serve as a standalone app. Going for video platform integrations with Theta and Extensions of Theta products such as databases or platforms cataloguing user-produced video streams hackathon categories.
Initial project is live/demoable here: https://thetastudio.netlify.app/
What it does
- Uses theta API's to return a list of live streams based on categories
- Renders live streams in a carousel / explorer format.
- Allows toggling between theta categories
- No user accounts required.
- Allows users to focus on live streams without having to search through pre-recorded content.
What we learned
How to integrate live theta streams into a react application
- Optional user login for tfuel
- Full screen mode
- Voting and reviews
- More categories and configurable layouts
- Persistent database of indexed categories
- Dynamic categories
- Browse theta streams minimally without comments or user accounts
- Enter theatre mode to view the stream full screen.
Run the project
yarn && yarn start