Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Inspired by Robert Frost's masterpiece, here's The Road Not Taken, a situational dilemma simulator. 🎲 🔮
Take a trip through the autumn landscape and face your life, one choice at a time. Whether you want to play it rationally or believe in your instincts, only your fate holds the key to your life. No choice is too small, and no outcome is too big, everything is merely a part of the big picture. 🖼️
🙋 Why did we make this?
We want you to put yourself in the shoes of Robert Frost and see how life can throw difficult questions at you. If there's one thing you know, life isn't that simple and in the end, it's always about answering the hard questions. ⁉️
This game is about the unexpected, nothing is what it seems to be, maybe you know what's coming, maybe you don't. The real question always is, what will you do about it? 🤔
So take a step back and immerse yourself in this journey - one we are sure you will enjoy. 🍂
🕹️ Where can I play this?
Our game is hosted with Netlify, here you go: trnt.space. Good luck, traveler! 🎮
Each time you start the game, you see questions and outcomes you've never seen before. We've added randomization, special endings and entropy to each outcome, so the game feels like a new experience every time you play it.
♾️ Infinite possibilities
Just as life seems unending, so is our game - unless of course you die.
Our game is meant to be an experience. When we say that we are inspired by the poem, we mean to put you in a world where you're a traveler making choices - so our game is built with in-game audio, 3D graphics, cube textures and an amazing retro UX.
🍁 Autumn Vibe
Just like the weather out is chilly, we have made sure you feel just like Robert Frost standing in a yellow wood.
🖊️ Contributing is super easy
- Our CONTRIBUTING.md will easily help you get started. 🏁
- We have pull request and issue templates to make handling new things much easier! 🌞
- Our README contains detailed instructions on how to get the game live in a jiffy. ⚡
👷 Who are we?
💻 What did we make this with?
🆕 Lots of new stuff
- Ridham learnt how to work with three.js and sound.js to make 3D animations and handle in-game audio.
- Rachit got to writing storyline paths, creating pitches and finding assets.
- Sakshi learnt how to use GitHub templates for pull requests and templates.
🔜 What's next?
While our game has come a long way, there's a lot more we want to do:
- We plan to use advanced procedural generation to add dynamic choices and outcomes. 🔃
- A bit more time is all we need to make even smoother animations and UX. 💻
- We will add custom audio and video effects for the different outcomes. 👾
📜 Truly open-source
This project is released under a free and open-source software license, Apache License 2.0 or later (LICENSE or https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0). The documentation is also released under a free documentation license, namely the GFDL v1.3 license or later.