I was inspired by a video I watched on Youtube several years ago.

What it does

It created a hydro cluster around projectile objects with a large amount of Kinetic energy

How I built it

I used silica powder and polyethylene glycol to impregnate an industrial grade synthetic fabric to represent the more likely alternative kevlar.

Challenges I ran into

Getting a hold of polyethylene glycol was a challenge in deed until I discovered it was in a product called Clearlax which is a laxative.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

I am proud of the leadership role I took on with students whom I’ve never met. we believed in one another’s abilities and each stuck to what we know best. In doing so we completed two challenges this being the second.

What I learned

Having a well diverse team can bring an idea to life in a fraction of the time it would take a single individual to do so.

What's next for The Hail Hat

Pitching its potential to various plane manufacturers and airlines that would be interested in licensing the product.

Share this project: