The Generational Community Project (GCP)
- We want to do a Project for Social Good
- It's difficult to quantify corporate harm, where do we start?
- You start by asking the community to identify issues...
- Companies can acknowledge issues and approach the community for solutions
- The community and other companies can propose solutions
- Solutions can be vetted by the community
- Contractors can approach the community with proposals
- Proposals will get funded
- The assumption being, a corporation may be inadvertently doing harm, and wish to correct it.
- Involving the community, eliminating bureaucracy, corporate responsibility, partnering with the community to solve problems.
- The two kinds of harm we'd like to address are social and ecological harm.
Mission Statement: The Generational Community Project engages the community’s problem solvers with the funds to resolve social and ecological issues that are causing harm by providing solutions that will last for generations.
Entities & Models
- responsible parties - array
- remediation partner - boolean
- proposals, accepted proposal - address
- current funds received - integer
- proposal deadline - date
- voting deadline - date
- funding deadline - date
- selected solution
- issue provided by a community advocate
- proposal deadline
- voting deadline
- funding needs to be met
- once met, the contract fulfills funds for the first month to equivalent of fiat in the escrow contract to be sent to address provided by the contractor.
- funded (by the responsible party)
- approved (by the community)
description - string
location - string
disbursement of excess
contingency fund (contingency)
- helps with adoption by contractors who might be more risk averse to doing business with crypto
proposal RFP text - string field
- collection of dates and deliverables and cost figures
- deliverable strings
- cost figures
votes cast by the community
whoever is proposing the solution gets to propose a contingency reserve
progress on solution
reports need to be delivered by contractors on a monthly basis to unlock the next month's funds
associated issue id
approved solution will be sent funds from that account
once that solution is accepted by the community
milestones, funding schedule, progress reports
monthly progress reports
proposed funding schedule includes reserve funds
- Tagline: Engaging communities to help social and ecological issues by organizing solutions that will last for generations
- Logo: TODO
Install & Run
git clone email@example.com:generationalcommunityproject/gcp-platform.git cd gcp-platform yarn install yarn start
And then, open your browser to: http://localhost:8080
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.