NGOs and charities are struggling to acquire critical resources right now. There is no one platform where they can go out and make their voices heard.
What it does
Helping-hands is a single platform for Charities and NGOs to post their requirements( goods or financial ) , and for donors to be able to quickly donate to the best of their capabilities as quickly as possible.
How I built it
I build the backend using Django. Hosted the server on AWS Lightsail. Used Amazon Pay for enabling donations
Challenges I ran into
- Deploying Django through Apache server was very confusing.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Building something which would prove to be immensely useful in such difficult times!
What I learned
- Building a full-stack application
- Using AWS for hosting
What's next for The Cultural Social Network
- Reward bases system to encourage donors more
- Integrate social media like features - post,discuss