As high school seniors, our team had to go through intense burnout from online classes. We always thought how much we needed interactive brain breaks to stay motivated. We were inspired by our struggles to create a website that would provide us with the break that we've always needed in our lives. We also wanted to educate others on healthy practices to stay productive while keeping the interactive, chill vibe we wanted for our site. So we decided to create a simple brain break/productivity minigame as well as a productivity section, where a user could keep track of her studying and breaks while listening to some relaxing original music.
What it does
Our mission is to give your brain time to recharge! The Brain Break site includes two tabs: Brain Game and Productivity. The Brain Game is short, interactive game where you can help your brain calm down. In the Productivity tab, you will see two features. One is a to-do list, where you enter and check off items. The second is the Pomodoro Technique: you can start the timer and work for 25 minutes. Then, you will be given a reminder to take a break.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
Sneha: I learned more CSS and formatting as well as some design rules.
What's next for The Brain Break Site!
In future iterations of the project, we aim to...
- Add more techniques to the Brain Break Game for how to calm down, as well as how to NOT calm down(like the homework example) in order to enforce healthy self-care and productivity habits.
- Add levels to the game as well as additional backgrounds/stages
- Add more minigames in general to the website that enforce healthy habits in fun, engaging ways
- Enhance the productivity section so that we can store our to-do list items on a database(possibly with a login) so more long term tasks can be checked off the site later
- Expand on other proven study techniques and provide resources about them