After realizing the difficulty of porting a website into an app without an API, I started a new project to make a Thesaurus keyboard that would improve word choice nearly halfway through the event. Unfortunately, I found that using Android Studio without much experience is very time-consuming and I downgraded my idea from a keyboard to a simple notebook app late Saturday, where I expected users to be able to highlight or double-tap text to initiate a query to a thesaurus. I continued to struggle with figuring out how to scrape data from webpages, having never tried it before. So in the end, all I have to show for my project is a large text box.

Built With

Share this project:

Updates