For Vive games there are two great challenges:
- Moving around naturally (without discomfort/nausea).
- Leveraging the motion controllers.
Therefore, Telekinetic Wheelchair Man.
What it does
It simulates being in a wheelchair.
How I built it
- Dove head-first into Unity.
- Dove head-first into VR.
- Took 4 hours to make a VR main menu... oh boy.
- Searched for premade wheelchair model. Searched again... Made one (4 hours).
- Searched for physics for wheelchair. Searched again. Prayed. Prayers unanswered. Hacked physics (12+ hours).
- Scrambled to finish tutorial level. Wheels spin, wheelchair moves, telekinesis definitely involved... took deep breath.
- Rushed to DevPost...
Challenges I ran into
- Lack of Wheelchair anything
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I submitted some version of what I set out to do.
What I learned
Pick technologies that somebody can actually help with.
What's next for Telekinetic_Wheelchair_Man
- Cleanly separated wheelchair code and publish as separate library.
- Proper telekinesis.