We were challenged for our hackathon to make something better. We know that BCAr is a widely-used website in our school, but isn't perfect, so we wanted to make our own improvements.

What it does

This conveniently links crucial websites that are used frequently by BCA students in the best way possible.

How I built it

I made the project using basic webpage development languages, but we also wanted to make an academy chat room in there, so we tried that using PHP.

Challenges I ran into

We had to adapt to these new languages, as we all entered this project with very varying experiences in each field. We also experienced difficulties in the connecting of PHP servers.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

In the end, we made our page look very nice, and we made great progress and were very close to accomplishing the chat room. We didn't get exactly as far as we hoped, but we still got a great deal accomplished.

What I learned

We learned a great deal in our own skill levels, some learning more in HTML and CSS, and some in PHP. We also learned about teamwork by splitting up the work based on knowledge levels.

What's next for Telecommie's Bcar V.2

We plan to eventually go the distance and perfect our chat room, maybe getting multiple servers to host the chat rooms separately, and then the final goal of getting a better domain for our website, which is now hosted at

Share this project: