everyone studies differently...
... so we try to get to know you first
and start with some easy tasks
dont worry ;)
but they will get harder over time
you did well!
take some rewards!
and share your accomplishments with your friends...
... via social media and compete with them
and we have a shop to spend your points...
with fancy stuff
Our idea is based on the main assumption that people are engaged to learn more when the content is presented in an appealing way. That’s why we’ve built a platform that adapts to the users preferences.
What it does
A simple and straightforward user flow. Elements included in our MVP are marked with the text (MVP) behind it.
- User creates account (MVP)
- User answers a few simple question to set an initial baseline for his learning preference assessment (MVP)
- The user is presented with the results of his preference test. (MVP)
- The user starts with the first set of questions. (MVP)
- Users answer questions and gets immediate feedback if answer is right or wrong. Questions are presented in text, audio, video or immersive formats. Based on preferences some formats are used more often than others.
- At the end of each section the user is presented with a point-of-view video to apply his learnings in a real-life situation. (MVP)
- User gets more confident in speaking
- User understands the value of his learnings
- The user can earn experience points by finalizing questions sets and answering questions in the same row. (MVP)
- The user also receives points each day he visits the app
- The user can exchange points earned to purchase in app gimmicks.
- The user can record a video with a newly learned phrase and share it with his friends on instagram or whatsapp => positive social reinforcement by “showing off” new skills
How I built it
We started taking notes using "mural.co" (an online post it service). Our first clickable mockup and the design for the further project was build with "figma.com". The final prototype was created with "bubble.io", which is a codeless way of creating software. The decision of using rapid prototyping tools was made to increase the speed to deploy and test software in this short amount of time.
Challenges I ran into
- difficulties to evaluate scientific backgrounds of learnings styles => soft pivoted to evaluation of learning preferences to allow optimal engagement of all students.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- I didn't think it would be possible to create a language learning app in such a short time.
What I learned
- focus, focus, focus!
- also new tools, ideation & brainstorming methodologies from other team mates.
What's next for Team_Koblenz
- Add more questions & learning tracks to the prototype
- Make question formats responsive to the user’s preferences based on rating of questions and trend in right/wrong answers for each question type
- Gamification concept is finalized but needs to be implemented in the Code
- Built social sharing feature to allow sharing on whatsapp & instagram and include CaroLingo watermark for Growth Hacking.
- Build teacher view for learning management system application
- Dashboard with progress of the class including a dashboard with learning formats that resonates best to the class => provide a better learning experience for in-class lessons
- Develop shop to trade coins against in app items