posted an update

The first challenge was the spaces in the name of Counties. We used the Regular Expression module to take care of this.

Another challenge was to calculate the fields in a Feature Class. We ended up using the UpdateCursor instead of Calculate Field tool.

The next challenge was to make sure a new folder and geodatabase are created each time the script is run. We used the delete management tool.

Another challenge was to add the Year in the name of outputs to keep them distinct. We used arcpy.describe to figure this out.

Another challenge was to figure out to increment a month in the date field to get around a time slider issue. We used the timedelta function in the datetime folder to get around this.

Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.