Memes of the day!
Climbing the leaderboard
Custom designed onboarding graphics #1
Custom designed onboarding graphics #2
Custom designed onboarding graphics #3
Custom designed onboarding graphics #4
Fun and cute display pictures to choose from
Global leaderboard ranking to boost a sense of competitiveness of staying at home
List of achievements they've accomplished. Custom designed badges that are vibrant and make every day tasks more exciting
When an achievement is accomplished, we celebrate them with a design that is fun and delightful
When a breach is detected, we prompt them with an option to indicate that they had a good reason, or can be upfront and reset their streak
Achievement badges. Turns every day tasks into something to look forward to accomplishing like quests in a game
The leveling and experience gain system that makes it challenging to level up the longer they play to improve a sense of comeptitiveness
Random user name generaor that makes it easy to come up with a cute and funny user name
Our user journey mapping to plan out the whole flow
We use the user's location to set a perimeter around their house which will be used to randomly check if they are staying at home
- Having to stay at home because of a virus outbreak can feel like not doing anything and can be downright boring
- So we thought, why not help keep our sanity with memes and achievements?
- We created teamHermit, a mobile app to encourage more people to stay at home and have fun doing it
What inspired us
- Though staying at home feels like not doing anything, it is actually the most important thing many of us can do right now to support our front-line workers globally.
- We wanted people to feel like they are contributing to a cause and have a little fun, even as they binge-watch Netflix in their pajamas while "working" from home
How it works
- Install the mobile app
- Save your home position
- Start your stay-at-home quarantine / social distancing marathon
- The app will then periodically check its location and make sure you are staying put!
- Unlock fun achievements and collect points that don't really matter
- Share your amazing stay-at-home stats on the leaderboards
How we built it
- Android, Node, Express, MongoDb, blood, sweat, tears, and memes
Challenges we faced
- From idea formulation to design to development, it was an extremely tight schedule and we all worked incredibly hard to deliver a "production-ready" app.
What we learned
- We learned how to collaborate well remotely and use technologies that we don't use in our day job (like MongoDB)
Ideas and plans for the future
- iOS app
- Invite and compete against friends directly
- Real rewards e.g. grocery and pharmacy cards
- Figure out how to pivot after this whole thing blows over