For Senior : Feeling of loneliness and isolation can lead to serious issues for senior health. Understanding the causes and the risk factors that surround the senior will eventually help them a lot.
For environmental issue: What was so frustrating, aside from a mailbox full of ads, was seeing all this paper, ink and dye going to waste. The natural resources consumed, the toxic chemicals used – all for that piece of paper to reach your mailbox in a vain attempt to capture your attention… 44 percent of junk mail is thrown away unopened, but only half of that (22 percent) is recycled.
What it does
The idea to create an awareness involving all sectors of our society such as the community, grassroots, Government level that our seniors need our help. We will create platform where our seniors can actively participate and remain relevant to society thus boosting their self-worthiness. It is an eco-system that encourage business entities to advertise for a cause.
How we built it
- We will invite a web and software developer to develop the desired program
- Train the seniors
- Look for sponsors, advertisers, volunteers
Challenges we ran into
- Members of the group have several mix ideas
- advisers have mix inputs sometimes causes confusions and doubts so leadership is important to bring back the team to realigned back for the original idea.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
The team managed to come out with a conclusive plan
What we learned
- All have great ideas but in order to move forward, leadership is important to bring back the team to the original objective of this challenge.
What's next for Teach A Senior To Fish
We need leverage by partnering with local stakeholders, grassroots organisations, educational institutions and statutory boards in various initiatives to build engaged and empowered senior to integrate into the larger communities. The next challenge for TEACH A SENIOR TO FISH is to move to the digital era by implementing blockchain and move forward in the regional arena.