When you need a good dance partner, you can find one in a drone (:
What it does
Using a Google Tango, the AR Drone understands your movements and dances accordingly.
Some dance movements that it can do:
- Look pretty~~
- Move towards you
- Mirror your movements
- Dance in the opposite direction
- Spin on the spot
How we built it
The hardware components are:
- Google Tango
- AR Drone
- Computers and mobile tethering
The software components are:
- Project Tango Java API + Firebase Java API --> estimate dancer's position and velocity
- AR Drone Python API + Firebase Python API --> control drone to respond accordingly
Challenges we ran into
- Connecting to the AR Drone via WiFi and internet via USB.
- AR Drone is a really fickle dance partner, stopped performing just before the demo.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Calculating position and velocity measurements from Google Tango, sending it over the server via Firebase.
Obtaining measurements from Firebase, control AR Drone autonomously.
What we learned
Try to have more than one AR Drone/ dance partners to practice with.
What's next for Tango with Drone
Learning more dance steps!