As a movie lover, I often find myself trying hard to get to good resources for movies and identifying where to watch them. Our app integrates with multiple sources including:
Netflix Amazon Prime HBO Now YouTube iTunes Vudu CinemaNow Sony Entertainment Network and many more...
What it does
- Shows recommendation for movies
- Shows the Top 10 movies for the week
- Allows you to find out name of the movie based on the audio feed
- Shows details of where to watch the movie from various locations
- Allows you to make one click call to the nearest movie theater showing that movie
In addition to this, we also have Pebble integration to request the same information without even touching your phone.
How we built it
We divided the work in the team, in five parts:
- UI design
- API for movie information
- Pebble app
- AlphonsoTV integration
- Uber SDK integration
Later we integrated all the pieces in two apps, one for Android and one for Pebble.
Challenges I ran into
- Making the APIs work and not knowing about their limitations
- Integration of the different parts of the app
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Getting a working app and being able to publish it on Google Play, in a short span of time was a great work. It also seems like the team worked really well.
What I learned
Working with APIs is hard. We need to understand all the limitations beforehand.
What's next for Talkies
Better recommendation engine.