We wanted to develop an educational game through an easy platform in order to teach individuals who have/don’t have hearing impairment sign language. Through this app, we believe that this will draw individuals to better communicate with one another.
What it does
Allows children with hearing impairment or anyone who wishes to learn ASL to learn sign language through an interactive app game of memorization and matching challenges.
How I built it
Challenges I ran into
Due to the time limit, we were not able to complete the coding section of the project. Instead, we typed a small amount of code onto a google doc to show a general idea of what we could've added to make the project more functional. Another challenge we ran into was getting the app to function properly.
What's next for Talk To The Hand
- Different levels of difficulty (Elementary, Beginners, Intermediate, Professional).
- Add vocabulary words.
- Include more creative challenges to increase learning improvement.
- Improve the app to make it accessible to all age groups.
- Insert motion sensor of the sign language through a camera.
- Provide in the in multiple languages such as Spanish, Arabic, etc...