Inspriration

During her internships, Thy - our talented pharmacist has noticed that there's a huge communication barrier between patients and pharmacists due to drug illiteracy. Our solution for this problem is to create a simple application that utilizes Google Assistant to educate users about pharmacy knowledge.

What it does

Personalize prescription then generate flash cards to test and provide drugs information.

How we built it

We mainly used Google Cloud Platform services (Dialogflow, Cloudfunction, Firebase, Firestore, Action on Google) and TypeScript for backend.

Challenges we ran into

  • Couldn't integrated DrugBank API for our database because it takes around 2 business days to acquire an API token.
  • There are a few bugs and config errors when we implemented GCP services because we are all new to the platform.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Managed to deliver the project on time and refine the idea based on mentors' advice.

What we learned

  • GCP services
  • TypeScript
  • Drugs' name pronunciations (lol we had a lot of troubles with saying the correct scientific name of the drugs and side effects and GCP has the same problem as well!! phewww)

What's next for Talaria

  • We have requested the API token for the database in the backend so we hope that we can implement next week.
  • Dialogflow is using a basic Natural Language Understanding (NLU) algorithm so we would like to train a more advanced models that can detect users' input more effectively.
  • Implement features that we were not able to create (notification, score recording, Google Oauth 2, etc. ) because of the time restriction.

Built With

Share this project:

Updates