Inspiration

The whole team moved to Tasmania, and all experienced the isolation and loneliness that comes with moving to a new place. Tasmania is a double-sided coin, so many nature-based activities but quite difficult to make friends do these activities with. The challenge that when you're free your friends are working, you have the motivation to do something but not the transport to get there.

From this place, Durty Markers came together with a shared vision to resolve these challenges with a simple, visually beautiful and practical app.

What it does

Connects people who are going on adventures with people who want to join them. Utilising a calendar and mapping functionality, a users availability and interests are input into a calendar and the AI in the backend of the system connects that user with events or users that align with those times and passions.

The app is a comprehensive ecosystem, with a secure and privacy-centric chat feature, payment portal, and required and desired contributions for the adventure.

User-generated content can be geolocated to destinations, creating a gallery of people experiences. Users can share photographs of their adventures to their public profile, available to view public galleries and featured on the landing dashboard.

How we built it

We build the concept of the app using the design thinking process and really targeting our problem statement.

To build the prototype, we used Adobe XD.

To film and the motion graphics, we used Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects

Challenges we ran into

Time management was tough, as our team members had to pop out to go to work. This interrupted our workflow and target milestones.

Understanding what our MVP took time, and was especially hard considering the in and out of team members.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

The app's presentation was great, and the video was ambitious and high impact. The spirit within the team was always high, and I think we will be stronger after the hack is over.

What we learned

To start making the prototype a little earlier. Creating the wireframes took longer than was hoped, and started to bleed into the filming time. In the future, getting the bones of the app together means that there is greater potential for adaption, looking at a physical thing to work on, and to get utilise the time better.

What's next for TakeMe2

Continue the conversation with mentors about the market capitalisation opportunities and the unique selling points

Built With

  • adobe
  • xd
Share this project:

Updates