We've always dreamed of collaborating together on a project. When we were kids, we were very interested in games. This project seemed like a perfect fit for our collaboration. We combined our knowledge of computer science and biology to create something unique.

What it does

In the time given to us, we've created a prototype of the genetic and breeding system of the animals. The user is able to breed any two animals together to create an child that is a genetic mix of both parents, both visually and statistically.

How we built it

We used the Unity game engine and C# to create the algorithms and mechanisms that are required for the genetic basis of each animal and the breeding of each animal.

Challenges we ran into

In the beginning, it was difficult to outline the proper structure for the program and, in addition, making sure that the logic behind the mechanisms of the genetics and breeding was difficult to keep track of.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

The whole project was a a huge success for us both. The final prototype exceeded our expectations and we are very happy with the result.

What we learned

One of us learned a bit more about C# and the Unity game engine and the other learned more about the application of biology in the computer industry.

What's next for Takamals: Evolution

We plan to add special abilities to the animals, trading between players and multiplayer battles in hopes of creating a fully fledged mobile game.

Built With

Share this project: