- Using salty water with cleaning solar panels which create sediments decrease the efficiency. The efficiency of solar cells decreases as a result of accumulating dust and this is estimated to drop by 30 to 35% of the total energy produced
- No Convenient System for cleaning solar panels (Traditional Workers - Agriculture Tractors)
- Using a cloth with cleaning solar panels which create scratches on solar panel surface which decrease the efficiency.
What it does
- _ in summary_: Solar panels cleaning robot that is Regular (Automated) & Accurate to keep/maintain the quality& efficiency of the solar panels as long as possible.
- in details: a robot moving vertical and horizontal on Solar Panel and cleaning direction are controlled through PLC and Relays placed at the ends of solar panels also it does not use water in the cleaning process but depends on the movement of the brushes installed in it.
How we built it
Mechanical Design Using Solidworks, we built a simple prototype for the robot parts.
Business Model Using canvanizer, we built two business models (one for B2B & one for B2C)
Pitch Using Power Point, We created about 10 slides that summarize our problem ,solution,Market and business model.
Challenges we ran into
- Getting Data about PV Solar Market.
- Developing an appropriate business model
What we learned
- Highly growing Market as PV Solar panels will only present 2% of total Energy Produced in Egypt in 2022 and that percentage will be 10 times in about 10 years to be 22% of total Energy Produced in Egypt in 2035 according to NREA 2018 Annual Report.
- We are developing a product will be a highly needed in the coming and meanly because of the current alternatives which are traditional workers or agriculture tractors.
What's next for Tajdeed
- Getting an operating MVP for our solar panels cleaner robot.