- We are passionate about applying virtual reality to solve actual reality problems.
What it does
- Calibrates the swing of baseball players by pitting them against professional MLB pitchers.
- Choose top MLB pitchers and presents player statistics.
- Coach guides the player's swing to hit the ball correctly.
How we built it
- Front-end: React
- Platform: Unity3d
- Back end: Java Spark, NGROK
- VR: Steam VR
Challenges we ran into
- Connecting to network was overcome with NGROK.
- Collision detection was overcome by using a temporary physics controller.
- Installing PowerShell took forever because WinBlows.
- Setting up version control repository.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We have a working prototype!
What we learned
- We learned how to send batter's data from Steam VR to a local database.
- Using Java Spark to react to Unity3d events in real-time.
What's next for SwingCoach
- Connecting player data to mySQL database.
- Create more accurate hit statistics and pitches.
- Improve the physics engine.
- Improve the backend connections from hit and miss to full stats on impact.