The main inspiration behind this Pod-folio for the team Swift Megaminds was to create a platform where the member Megaminds can showcase the awesome projects that they will be building in the upcoming MLH Fellowship hackathon sprints.
What it does
It's a portfolio website for Pod 2.1.1, containing an overview of the pod members, the pod leader, and the projects that we have worked on/will be working on, along with a timeline of the MLH Fellowship.
How we built it
The project tech-stack includes the following:
- Jekyll (as the underlying framework)
- GitHub-Pages (Deployment)
Challenges we ran into
Here are some of the challenges that the team ran into while building the website:
- Deciding on a tech-stack since different team members are used to working with different technologies
- All were newbies to Jekyll
- Collaboration due to different time-zones
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Most of the team members were new to web development, yet we worked together to complete the website
What we learned
- Collaborating in a team spread out over different time zones was certainly one of the biggest takeaways from this hackathon.
- Many members got a basic level experience of web development as well.
What's next for Swift Megaminds Portfolio
Slowly shifting the codebase to React over the period of next 11 weeks