- Living a sustainable lifestyle can be super easy - just start with the simplest things! But many of our fellow students have not realized how and how much they can contribute to the environment. That's why we designed this game to help students explore different ways to save energies and to help our UW-Madison campus to become a more lovely one.
What it does
- By navigating on the UW-Madison campus map, you can play four different interesting games. Scenes include the lounge of the student's dorm, picnic point, Rheta's market, and Natatorium.
How we built it
- Using Java and its Processing & Swing library, we created a GUI that provides user interactions with different objects through keyboards and mouse.
Challenges we ran into
- Because we decide to create FOUR games in 24 hours, it took us a lot of effort to design the user interface and find the appropriate libraries. We were tired, but we are also glad to finish all of them!
- Facing two similar libraries, swing and processing, we had to decide when to use one of them and not the other. We realized the advantages and disadvantages of each library. We learned how to collaborate these two libraries!
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- We provide you with a content user gaming experience
- We can provide you with your own feedback when you finish playing the game.
What we learned
- We learned a lot from using similar but still different libraries. For example, our teammates argued about whether we are going to use Java Swing or Java Processing. We understand the strengths and weaknesses of both these libraries.
- We gained a better sense of how to provide a better user experience!
- We also learned to be more sustainable by developing this game!
- Having a strong team collaboration is always the BEST thing!!!
What's next for Sustainable Badger
- Design a more beautiful user interface
- Provide more up-to-date information in the game
- Spread it to the world!