look! it's a flowchart.
We wanted to make a game, but run into two problems. First, none of us knows how to make one. Second, we each only knew how to develop on one platform. Thus, SuperDuperCrossPlatformCloudGameEngine is born.
What it does
It allows game developers to build a game in python using our cloud framework, deploy it to our Google Cloud game server, and run on both iOS, Web, and more platforms to come.
How I built it
We did the following:
- Developed a communication protocol
- Made a game server and networking unit on Google Cloud
- Wrote a Python library that handles game logic
- Wrote an iOS and web framework for adapting the protocol to "stream" any game locally
Challenges I ran into
- Protocol design! Not as easy as we thought.
- Asynchronous execution between modules.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- We finished it! Now, as we further expend the protocol, users will be able to develop more and more complicated games to more and more platforms.
What I learned
- So much.
What's next for SuperDuperCrossPlatformCloudGameEngine
- MAKE IT BIGGER.